Thursday, June 16, 2011

Part 6- Hiatuses for a test and I need your help

Sorry *sorry sorry sorry, go ahead, think of Super Junior* I have to go on hiatus. I have 7 projects to do and really no time to do them. While I say I will be working I'll actually be taking long naps in the middle of the day and I'll watch TV shows I haven't seen in years. If I really am working I'll be working slowly because I will be flipping back and forth between work and the most amazing playlists ever of almost all the Kpop songs and their MVs. I really do have a bad virus on my computer and I have already attempted to write this part 6 times because my internet keeps crashing. Is anyone willing to buy me a new laptop? This is really hindering my writing times. I used to have a laptop to write all my stories. Updates were everyday and I finished stories pretty fast. I was amazing, then my laptop died and I can't write at night anymore. Oh well, we win some we lose some.
Nobody really minds do they? Honestly, you can find something else to entertain yourself with while I am off breaking my back from work. At least people will remember me when I come back, who can forget my title? I feel sorry *sorry sorry sorry* for those other stories that have generic titles like 'Your love for me' or ‘Our hands together’. Those titles are so... they sound nice but they don't really connect to the stories and when they update, even if regularly, I don't remember what the story is about just by name. I was reading two fics this summer with identical storylines and similar titles. The fics updated around the same time and I started mixing up the stories. One of the stories did finish, but I will be so confused when the other one comes back from its hiatus because I don't remember what happened in which. Hiatuses are such a pain; at least this isn't a fic and just a rant.
Did I totally piss you off with a whole post about my hiatus? It does feel like I wasted your time, doesn't it? I should have just told you in my last post or in my next one with an apology, but this is my strategy to bump up my advice to the top of the most recently added so more people can read it. That's right, this is my battle plan. I'm sure other people do it just to let their readers know because they are caring. I'm not caring, I just want more readers, this took a lot of time to write so I want people to read it. Of course, if I wanted more people to read it I should just come back from my hiatus and rant more.
I just want to say, I don’t really recommend writing more than one story at once because you focus on one story more than another or you lose inspiration for one or you just forget one or mix things up or don’t update one to focus on another or the list could go on. Everyone does it though, so I’m just saying, try and update them all. If a story is being dropped tell the readers, we like to know these things. If the hiatus is just until another story is completed we like to know and we will most likely read the other stories as well. We won’t get mad, we are understanding people, *most of us* and we want to support authors. To keep yourself from getting really distracted you can write more than one story at once, but to not disappoint crazed readers that are addicted to your writing because it sounds amazing, you might want to wait before posting the other stories. This is sort of an assess your own situation thing.
I quite literally have SE7EN PROJECTS and no time to do this, which is why I believe other authors when they say they have too much work. Some people don't have anything to do so they find it hard to take in the hiatus, they just need to move on because they seriously have other fics they can be reading, thousands really. I am pressed for time because of all my computer issues so I need to do this fast. I know, blah blah blah, not all speak English, blah blah blah, even native English speakers mess up, blah blah blah, I made a mistake in my very first rant, so here is a brilliant reference. I actually have a test coming up about commonly misused words. As soon as I got the list of words I thought of this and I thought putting the list out there would be really helpful. This is going to be the most helpful thing I will ever put up.
Commonly mistaken words!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Allusion- reference to something
Illusion- unreal image
Breath- (noun) a lungful of air you inhale
Breathe- (verb) the act of taking in air *now I will allude to G-D's Breathe. "I can breathe. I can breathe..."*
Conscience- a sense of right and wrong
Conscious- to be awake and alert
Conscientious- to be dutiful and hardworking
Desert- a place with little or no rain like the Sahara or Antarctica
Dessert- the sweet goodness of yum you eat at the end of meals and everyone loves them except anorexic people and guys that won’t admit that they like sweets so even they love them
Lose- to misplace or suffer the loss of (to lose your head)
Loose- moveable; not fastened (your head is loose)
Principal- of great importance (the principal reason) or the head of a school
Principle- a value or standard
Regardless- despite everything
Irregardless- NOT A REAL WORD, regardless needs to be used instead
Their- a possessive pronoun (shows ownership)
They’re- conjugation of ‘They are’
There- over yonder, a directional term (hither is here)
Number- is when referring to something that can be counted
Amount- is when referring to something cannot be counted
Aggravate- to make a situation worse
Irritate- to annoy
Alternate- a substitute
Alternative- a choice between two or more things
Effect- (n) a result of outcome
Affect- (v) to influence or change
To- preposition; (to the shore, want to, to be of)
Too- also *tambien*
Two- the freaking number 2
Could of- improper grammar, use Could HAVE
Should of- improper grammar, use Should HAVE
Whose- possessive (glad I finally know the difference)
Who’s- who is
Your- the possessive form of ‘You’
You’re- conjugation of ‘You are’
Famous- a well known person
Infamous- notorious, famous in a bad way (like poor Jessica)
Advice- (noun) counsel given to someone
Advise- (verb) to give counsel
Than- used to introduce the second part of a comparison
Then- next in order
Can- to be able (Can I go to the bathroom? I don’t know, can you?)
May- to have permission to (May I go to the bathroom? Hurry, don’t pee yourself.)
Access- to gain entry of control of
Assess- to note and evaluate
Excess- too much of
Course- a class, a way of
Coarse- rough, harsh

Okay peoples, now that I have that amazing time consumer out of the way, let me tell you about a personal project I am totally going to do. I’ve been getting a few concerned authors that are worried that they are screwing things up because when I start making up crap about the littlest things. I want to say that readers can tolerate a lot of shitty stories.
My new project (which would be my 8th?) is I want anyone reading to recommend me a fic to read so I can put quotes in this (with the authors’ permission of course) and give actual examples. I’m not expecting anyone to recommend their own, but if you do I would love to pull from them. Also, I am not picky (ha, that is a laugh) about genre, I want this to vary in author and type of story. Poetic stories, angst, comedies, romances, action, even rated. I don’t care what the plot is or how it is written because if you recommend it you found something good about it. You can say what you like about it or just leave it to me. I don’t mind Yaoi or Yuri. I would especially like some recommendations for girl groups since I don’t really know about them that much and I think this is a good chance to learn. I would love to read about Jpop groups as well or any country for that matter, so bring on the Chinese or Taiwanese! I will take any group really. The fic doesn’t have to be finished and I will read on both Winglin and AFF.
I really want to show authors examples from other people. This is also a chance to read a few good stories yourself and read more of my sarcastic comments. I am developing a reviewing scale that will be so original it should (not that I have finished it yet) be patented. *So far I’m no titles and I went crazy with the thought of generic ones.* I will see how that goes and I just might make myself an official reviewer. Otherwise, I’ll just pop up every now and again and with more things I want people to know. If nobody recommends me stories I will personally go out and search, but I’m a lazy person and don’t want to do that, so help me out.
Oh, and if you didn’t catch it, I’m not really going on hiatus, that was just an example. However, I really do have seven projects to do and I think that is just evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment